Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What have I learned in Layout & Composition 1?

     I am finishing up Layout & Composition 1, and as I do so, I have realized I have learned quite a bit. I have loved this class, yet hated it at the same time. I loved learning Art History, I have even started reading more about it in my spare time. But I have despised working in Adobe InDesign. 
     I originally thought that Photoshop would be my real weakness. But after taking this class Photoshop looks like a walk in the park. I have discovered that InDesign & I are mortal enemies. We don't like each other and are not capable of playing nice together.  I have struggled with every project this class because of our inability to work together and have sworn to only open InDesign when it 100% required. If I can get away with any other system I will.
      The Art History portion of this class was fantastic though. I really enjoyed learning about all the art movements. Its so interesting to see how art has progressed over the years. We have come so far from the drawings on cave walls. To see that evolution is just amazing.

No comments: