Thursday, February 14, 2013

Renegade Cakes


For this week's project in my Intro to Marketing and Self-Promotion class, we were given Renegade Cakes and instructed to create a logo, color pallete for their website, and business cards for the 3 employees.  I really struggled with getting started since I didn even have a clue what the word renegade meant. After some research I'm still not sure what exactly a renegade cake is. a cake that was a traitor to other cakes? I'm not sure. Anyway back to the project... I started with the logo first.

I knew I wanted to do something funky with the R, so in Adobe Illustrator, I used Jokerman font and reflected it, to make it backwards. I finished the word renegade in Malihini Cuban BTN font than I used Liorah font for the word Cakes.

For the business cards I wanted in corporate a photo of one or more of their cakes. But most of them have a majority white background, or are sitting on something white. Which forced me to have to use the entire image. That's not what I wanted but I also didn't want o use a image of a cake that they didn't make. Which left me in a dilemma. Sacrifice and use a entire image or use one of someone else's images. I chose to sacrifice. since it don't like as awful as I thought i would. It just looks very basic. Which isn't bad, its just not what I wanted.




For my colour palette I used :
C-15, M-100, Y-90, K-10
C-0, M-0, Y-0, K-100




No comments: